The rector in an Episcopal Church is in formal relationship with the congregation and with the diocese to provide leadership in the community's common life.
St. Mark's has had 20 Rectors since it called its first in 1887.
We have now embarked on the discerning and prayerful process of calling our twenty-first rector; The Rev. Robin Biffle will retire on October 1, 2019, after more than 11 years of ministry and service at St. Mark's.
Eventually, you'll find here a timeline, a parish profile, and much more.
Until then, here's some of where we've been, where we are, and where we're going:
- September 23, 2018—Canon for Transitions, The Rev. Susan Cleveley met with the congregation for a preview and overview of the process. She outlined the roles of the four committees:
- Profile Committee
- Discernment and Review Committee
- Transition Committee
- Now—The Vestry is in discernment about those who may be called to ministry in the various committees
- Now—The Vestry is planning St. Mark's 2019 budget to include the Rector search, call, and transition
- Nov. 17—The Vestry will meet with Canon Cleveley for more in-depth exploration of the roles and process
Please continue to hold us in prayer as we engage this holy work.