Each month St. Mark's gives a special offering to a recipient locally or somewhere far flung to help with disaster relief or to support on-going efforts in fulfilling the Millennium Development Goals—addressing extreme poverty in its many dimensions—or in fulfillment of our baptismal promise: "to strive for justice and peace among all people, and to respect the dignity of every human being.
Not everyone can be a neighbor through hands-on service. "St. Mark's Gives" is a way to make a difference with your checkbook.
This month our donations will be collected and given to our Rector's Discretionary Fund, which is available to church members and community members alike to assist in times of financial crisis.
Recipients for the past year include:
- Albert Schweitzer Hospital, Haiti
- Episcopal Relief and Development (Disaster Relief and Sustainability projects in the U.S. and around the world
- Give Kids a smile (Free dental work)
- American Friends of the Episcopal Diocese of Jerusalem, which does work in support of oppressed Palestinians
- Willow Center/Camp Erin—a grief camp for children
- Episcopal Migration Ministries
- Moscow Volunteer Fire Department
- Standing Rock
- Palouse Land Trust
- Between the Ridges Clean Water Project